Friday, March 9, 2012

Ticket to Africa

I am stoked! I just bought my ticket to Africa! (Be prepared to see a lot of exclamation marks in this blog. I am too excited to sleep even tho its almost 3am.)

Last week I decided to go to Africa. I bought the ticket tonight and the flight leaves in 10 days!

Yeah, I know I am already living in a vacation destination and I would have been perfectly happy traveling around Asia for a couple weeks before going home, but.....its Africa!

After years and years (at least 2 decades now) of wanting to visit this amazing continent,  it is about to become a reality. It's going to be a short trip, but I will squeeze in as much as possible....don't worry.

The plan is to fly into Johannesburg and hopefully get out of that city immediately. A few biggies on the list of things to do include a trip to Kruger to see a giraffe and any of the other amazing animals living there, then head over to Mozambique to enjoy some diving and beach time in Tofo (hopefully swim with a whale shark or tiger shark or hammerhead or any other big fish with gnarly teeth) and then get down to Cape Town and southern South Africa to play with some penguins and great whites. After writing it out, it appears the goal of this trip is to see Big Animals!

A friend from my hometown is living in South Africa and I am hoping to meet up with her. Another friend in the states has introduced me to one of her friends living in Johannesburg and she is also trying to convince me to go to Botswana! It won't take much to convince me. I have no idea what will happen when I get there, but it should be a good time!

Looks like I might be able to get all 7 continents into one passport! I love my life!

1 comment:

  1. AAHH!!! I'm so excited for you Sarah!!! Yes, Africa will definitely be epic if only because of all the large animals. I can only imagine what it will be like seeing a giraffe in the wild!!! I can't wait to see all your pics!

    ReplyDelete